Addiction Leads In A Changing Marketplace
As of July 1st, 2017 the state of Florida has passed legislation that makes buying phone calls that are not branded to a center potentially illegal. Sure, this is just Florida, however, we have had conversation with the powers that make this type of legislation and it is coming to Arizona and California shortly. Simply put, your lead generation methods need to change from buying calls, to branding yourself and earning calls.
For Placement Services
The Drug Rehab Agency will not provide lead generation marketing services for any company, person, or organization that is paid on a per placement basis. This activity is walking a thin line, legally, and we prefer to remove ourselves from that space.
How to generate leads
In 2017 and moving forward, centers need to be very specific about how they marketing and what the "intake cycle" looks like. For example, most people do not come to the site, pick up the phone the first time, give insurance info, and get on a plane. The cycle is much more detailed than that. Here is what we see as the "Intake Cycle".
- Introduction to Brand: The client is introduced to your center through several mediums. In lead generation this is Organic SEO, Paid Search, Social Media, and/or TV and Radio.
- Info Finding: This normally happens on the first interaction with the brand as the potential client is seeking information. Mainly, what does the center look like and what will I be doing. (If you don't have this listed on your site, you should).
- Info Call: Once they feel comfortable with the center, they make a call, fill out a form, or chat. This is where you will get the info on insurance and answer their questions to ensure a good fit.
- Consumer Satisfaction: Reviews. Plain and simple. Many of us use reviews before booking a hotel for a night. Naturally, this is done to exhaustion for addiction treatment. If your center doesn't have the best online reputation, this could explain why you have a lot of hot leads that go dark. Google your name, if you see negative reviews (or no reviews) call us about our reputation management service and watch your intake rate increase.
- Intake: This process has a lot of steps within it, but the majority of this is going to be around planning travel, negotiating OOP and DED amounts. If you can get through this well, you have a new client.
How To Connect Through The Cycle
Lead generation in the addiction space is no longer about cheap phone calls. Its about building a brand that people trust. This is done by being in front of your potential client every step of the way. This is done through proper brand introduction (SEO, PPC, Social, TV and Radio) and retargeting those site visitors that come to the site but do not convert. The retargeting is done on many levels but keeps your brand top of mind while they speak with other centers. (The average clients speaks with 3.4 centers prior to making a decision). This is where working with a true marketing agency that understand lead generation in the addiction space pays off.
Rehab Lead Generation Management
If you are looking to take your lead generation past just paying for phone calls, then our rehab lead generation management is right for you. With this offering, we manage all aspects of lead generation for your center specifically. This means things are done on a branded scale, sending traffic to your website to generate the calls and leads you need. There is no pay per call or lead with this offering. We charge a small management fee for running the programs, and your center gets the benefits. We spend the entire budget regardless of the number of phone calls and will modify the strategy based on results. This is a true marketing strategy for centers that need to fill a lot of beds and are sick of paying the high margins of calls.
Lead Generation Packages
Paying for phone calls has a much higher CPA (Cost Per Admit) than general marketing services. Our lead generation packages allow us to employ specific online and offline marketing strategies to generate the most calls and intakes as possible.
Our monthly marketing doesn't cap you at the number of calls you receive, but caps us on the budget you are willing to invest. We take this budget and invest based on what is performing the best for all of our clients. This includes, paid search, local SEO of our owned websites, display advertising, billboard advertising, television, and radio.
How is this better than buying calls?
One word; Branding. When you are buying phone calls, the source of the calls are from generic means. Meaning that the ads generating the calls are all very non specific. IE "There is a place for help. Call now to find out more.". With the Lead Generation Package, we create a fully functional addiction marketing plan specific to your center. Think, "Here at ABC Recovery, we offer the most one-on-one counseling sessions than anyone else in California.". This helps the conversion of clients as they have confidence in who they are calling. It is also something they don't see very often. Additionally, this method shows a rise in almost all other channels (Organic, Paid Search, and Social).
In addition to this, you also get less "noise" in the callers. Since the commercial and online ads are for you specifically, we can mention you only accept PPO insurance and no Medicare/Medicaid. You get fewer calls, but the calls you do get are of a much higher quality.
The results we see for our lead generation service vary based on the center receiving the calls. Some center's have a better sales process, accept more insurance, and work with deductibles and out of pocket costs. However, we are seeing an average cost per intake between $3,000 and $6,000. This means that with a $60,000 investment, you may see 10-20 intakes. It simply depends on your teams ability to close the callers.